A Paleolithic diet lifestyle has multiple good qualities, probably the most noticeable being tons of energy and permanent weight loss. The hardest thing about the paleo diet lifestyle that you will face is, by far, the transition. It's been almost a year since I've made the switch, and I did meet with my share of good and bad moments.
In a country where over seventy-five percent of foods being sold in grocery stores and supermarkets are processed, transitioning into a dietary lifestyle that eliminated most of the common staples of the modern diet is a challenge. Expect to shop mainly in the meat and produce section, as well as your local whole food stores. You will visit these places the most.
Secondly, in a society where it is considered normal (at least average) to be forty pounds overweight and eat a diet thick in prepackaged foods, you will meet with plenty of criticism. When I first started out, I got a lot of grief from my family and friends. The only thing you can do is wait it out as it will eventually get better. It didn't hurt that when I would be bothered about my new clean-eating lifestyle, I would comment on how great I felt and how much weight I had lost.
Making the switch obviously has it good points. Within the first few weeks of eating the paleo diet, I noticed a relief in allergy symptoms. After a couple of months, my cystic acne-which I had suffered with all my adult life-had completely cleared up! Eventually I was able to discontinue taking medications for my allergies and acne. Let's not forget the sixty pounds that I was able to lose without the struggle of constant foods cravings.
When comparing the good and the bad points of going paleo, there really is no debate. Giving up processed foods and other common dietary staples was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I successfully take control of my own health, but my family also have their health back as well. You cannot put a price tag on that!
In a country where over seventy-five percent of foods being sold in grocery stores and supermarkets are processed, transitioning into a dietary lifestyle that eliminated most of the common staples of the modern diet is a challenge. Expect to shop mainly in the meat and produce section, as well as your local whole food stores. You will visit these places the most.
Secondly, in a society where it is considered normal (at least average) to be forty pounds overweight and eat a diet thick in prepackaged foods, you will meet with plenty of criticism. When I first started out, I got a lot of grief from my family and friends. The only thing you can do is wait it out as it will eventually get better. It didn't hurt that when I would be bothered about my new clean-eating lifestyle, I would comment on how great I felt and how much weight I had lost.
Making the switch obviously has it good points. Within the first few weeks of eating the paleo diet, I noticed a relief in allergy symptoms. After a couple of months, my cystic acne-which I had suffered with all my adult life-had completely cleared up! Eventually I was able to discontinue taking medications for my allergies and acne. Let's not forget the sixty pounds that I was able to lose without the struggle of constant foods cravings.
When comparing the good and the bad points of going paleo, there really is no debate. Giving up processed foods and other common dietary staples was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I successfully take control of my own health, but my family also have their health back as well. You cannot put a price tag on that!
About the Author:
Want to find out more about the caveman diet, then visit Michelle Casey's site on how to make the transition into living a caveman diet lifestyle as smooth as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment